Here at Craven House we are so grateful that we’ve been able to keep open over the last few months, offering a ‘home-away-from-home’ for those on our frontlines and people awaiting repatriation flights. But now life is slowly returning to some form of normal we’ve got summer holidays on the mind. And with this glorious weather set to continue, we’re sure we’re not the only ones.
Goes without saying that summer getaways are going to look a bit different this year but we’re actually really excited about the idea of discovering more of England and keeping things close to home. A break without the less-than-fun airport experience sounds pretty lovely to us, wouldn’t you agree?
That’s exactly where The Staycation comes in. Sunny days enjoying the beauty of England, leisurely strolls along the River Thames, long hikes through the Surrey Hills – sounds idyllic doesn’t it?
We’re gearing up to welcome staycationers back to Craven House, here’s what to expect:
A safe and comfortable place to stay
– There are no shared communal areas between apartments meaning contact with other guests is unlikely, we’ll even let you check-in via FaceTime so you won’t need to chat to us face-to-face. Each apartment also has private parking.
– Depending on the current government guidelines we may be able to provide weekly cleaning while you are staying with us. If this is not possible we have fully stocked cleaning packs available (you won’t run out of loo roll anytime soon).
– We’ve reduced our cancellation policy from 28 to 14 days giving you more flexibility if your situation changes.
– As always, we’re happy to do your shopping ahead of time, if you just email us a list we’ll have your fridge fully stocked and awaiting your arrival.
– Where possible, we are leaving 72 hours between our guests to give us the maximum amount of time to get our apartments fully sanitised.
– We’re surrounded by a plethora of local eateries that are delivering food via Deliveroo or Uber Eats so you won’t even have to lift a finger in the kitchen if you don’t want to.
– Our apartments are very spacious, luxuriously furnished boltholes with large windows overlooking Royal Bushy Park. Each one is equipped with a fully stocked kitchen and desk area so you can work and cook in comfort. And did we mention we’re child and pet friendly? So bring the whole family along, furry friends included.
Craven House is ideally located for enjoying the beautiful Surrey area. With the Thames towpath close by, Bushey Park right outside our front door, and the Surrey Hills and Virginia Water a short drive away you are spoiled for choice when it comes to walking and cycling opportunities. Hampton Court Gardens are open and a delight to explore, as are Kew Gardens. And many of Surrey’s National Trust spots are ready to be discovered, from Hatchlands Park to the Claremont Landscape Garden. If you fancy something a little different, Garson’s Farm in Esher is open for strawberry picking (just make sure to book in advance). There’s plenty to do in our surrounding area that will make your staycation one to remember.
At the moment we are only accepting stays of seven nights or longer – the perfect amount of time to really relax and enjoy a few days of unwinding.
We look forward to welcoming you to Craven House over the summer months. Please do get in touch if you have any questions or we can help you with anything. We look forward to welcoming you to your Craven House staycation over the summer months.
All the best,