Heading to London this year? The Craven House team have pulled together some hints and tips to help you plan your visit.
1. Download a transport app or map such as Citymapper or the London Official City Guide app so you can make your way around London with ease and a lot less stress. London is a great city but a big one at that and can be overwhelming to anyone who hasn’t visited before.
2. There are many free attractions so make the most of them rather the expensive ones. From the Natural History Museum, V&A Museum to The Southbank Centre and Tate Modern. Bushy Park is wonderful and perfect if you’re staying with us at Craven House as all our apartments look out onto the park.
3. Add and extra day onto your business trip and explore via a sightseeing bus!
4. A typically British event is having afternoon tea so book one at Fortnum and Mason,The Ritz or at Claridges although planning ahead is advised as they are very busy
5. A serviced apartment is the perfect place to stay if you are travelling with the kids. That way you can come and go as you please and dont’ have to eat out every night. Plus they get their own room! Children are welcome at Craven House!
6. Free time at the weekend? Then visit the London markets. From Borough Market, Columbia Road Flower Market, Spitalfields Market to Portobello Market.
Finally, if you’re visiting London due to business, holiday or if you are relocating, then book your apartment at Craven House for the duration of your stay! We are located perfectly for you to enjoy easy access into central London and the M25 as well as a relaxing home-from-home environment surrounded by historic attractions and sprawling parkland.
It’s a five-minute walk to mainline British Rail stations from our apartments at Craven House and Claygate. The journey into Waterloo / London takes around 20-25 minutes. The M25 is a five-minute drive away. Shepperton Studios and Teddington Studios are also just a few minutes away by car.
Looking forward to welcoming you soon.